Ms. Champion is an experienced litigator representing clients in a variety of complex civil litigation matters. Ms. Champion has successfully advocated on behalf of her clients in state and federal court, private arbitrations, mediations, before administrative agencies (such as the Nevada Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Nevada Equal Rights Commission, and the Nevada Commission on Ethics) and before Nevada appellate courts. Ms. Champion has often represented corporate clients and individuals involved in breach of contract, fraud, partnership, and employment disputes but her experience also expands to representing clients for ethical issues (both for public officials and employees and related to professional responsibility and legal ethics).
Ms. Champion excels not only at advocating for her clients but at explaining complex issues to her client and the Court in a tangible, understandable way. Her results are proven. She has prevailed on motions for summary judgment and successfully defended her clients against claims seeking millions of dollars in damages.
Ms. Champion also carves out time to represent pro bono matters. In the past, she represented a man imprisoned in the Nevada Department of Corrections in a deliberate indifference Section 1983 claim and negotiated a favorable settlement in her client’s favor. She has also represented a non-profit company in Clark County in a discrimination matter and was successful in getting a complete dismissal of the petitioners’ claim.
Prior to entering private practice, Ms. Champion externed for the Los Angeles U.S. Attorney’s Office in the fraud division and for the Hon. R. Bruce Minto in Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Senior Articles Editor, Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology (2011-2013)
- University of California at Irvine, B.A., 2006
- Nevada Bar Association
- Clark County Bar Association
- State Bar of Illinois
Honors and Awards
- Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for (2021)
- Selected to Super Lawyers, Rising Stars (2018-2021)
- Recognized as a Nevada “Legal Elite” by Nevada Business Magazine
- 2021, Civil Litigation, Business/Corporate, Appellate
- 2020, Complex Civil Litigation and Appellate Advocacy
- 2019, Civil Litigation, Class Action and Appellate
- 2018, Complex Litigation and Class Actions
- 2017, Commercial Litigation and Appellate
- Restoring Honor and Avoiding Bloodshed with the Federal Rules, Communiqué, Clark County Bar Association (March 2017)
- Nevada, 2014
- Illinois, 2013