Mr. Jangard is an attorney with a diverse background with both substantial experience working as in-house counsel and in a law firm setting on both litigation and transactional matters. Mr. Jangard has managed a wide variety of legal matters relating to government compliance and litigation matters as in-house counsel for nine years at Newmont Mining, one of the world’s largest gold producing mining companies, and in private legal practice. While at Newmont Mining, Mr. Jangard managed the legal matters for Newmont’s North America based operations with more than 4,000 employees. Mr. Jangard was also the lead regional legal representative for Newmont in the creation of the recent Nevada based joint venture between Newmont Mining and Barrick Gold. Mr. Jangard also has extensive experience with managing legal matters related to complex permitting, corporate compliance, and risk management, including the negotiation and drafting of various types of commercial agreements. Mr. Jangard has also been involved with the drafting of company standards and guidelines in a variety of areas.
Mr. Jangard has also litigated large commercial disputes on a variety of matters, including contract disputes, mining claims, real property, construction, mechanic’s liens and product liability.
Mr. Jangard has also participated in pro bono cases involving adoptions and representing foster children.
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, University of Utah (1990)
- Jurisdoctor, The Ohio State University (1993)
- Articles Editor, The Ohio State Law Journal
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Member, U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada
- Member, Elko County Bar Association
- Former President, Nevada Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
- Board Member, Legacy Fund 501(C) charitable organization created to provide funding to mining communities to mitigate the economic impacts of mine closures